Ripe/over ripe bananas - 2
All purpose flour(maida) - 1 cup
Malayee ( milk top) - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Refined oil- 1 tablespoon
Ground cinnamon- 1/2 teaspoon
Walnut kernels -2 tablespoons
Eggs - 3
Baking powder- 1 tablespoon
Baking soda- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt- 1 pinch
1. Put the malayee and sugar in a big bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon. Make sure to mix ( move the spoon) in the same direction throughout.
2. Put the oil in and continue to mix.
3. Put the whole egg in one by one and continue to beat.
4. Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork.
5. Sieve together the maida, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt, three times.
6. Add the flour mix spoon by spoon into the liquid mixture and mix together till smooth and well blended. Mix the banana mash also in. Mix in the walnut kernels lightly right at the end of the mixing procedure.7. Pour into a greased and floured cake tin.
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C for about 30 minutes or till done. It will be brown in color
9. Cool in the oven undisturbed.
10. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire stand if required.
11. Cut into slices and serve or keep as you wish.
12. Keeps well for three four days.
|Banana cake with three slices gone|